Anoka Family Law Lawyer & Divorce Attorney

Divorce does not come without conflict. It is very unusual that a divorce comes with no conflict at all. Even if both parties agree on most aspects, there is always something. For instance, it is uncommon for a parent ordered to pay child support or spousal support to accept all terms imposed upon them without voicing some kind of objection. Fortunately, there is a process for resolving small disputes that can completely avoid the courtroom, leading to a faster and more affordable divorce.

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Alternative Dispute Resolution, also known as ADR, is a process that helps individuals resolve their legal issues before going to court. In divorce, this is very important because this could be the difference between achieving the result you want and a judge deciding upon a result that you don’t want.

The individual that hears the case is called a “neutral” and this individual is trained to mediate in the case. Your Anoka family law attorney will be by your side to act as your advocate so that the very narrow areas of conflict can be resolved.

The reason why ADR is used is because it is a more efficient and cost-effective way to receive a resolution that satisfies both parties. Because of the success rate of this practice, many dissolutions are resolved in this way in Minnesota. It is a practice that has proven effective again and again.

Modification Of The Divorce Decree

Even after the terms of a divorce are agreed upon by both parties, life does change and the circumstances surrounding it can change as well. There are times in which alimony may need to be modified, as well as child custody and visitation, and child support. Financial gains and hardships or changes as the child ages can result in these modifications. Even if the divorce has been final for a while, as long as these elements remain in force, they are able to be modified if there is good reason.

A modification cannot occur unless there is a good reason behind it. You can consult with your Anoka divorce lawyer regarding your desire for a modification. Perhaps you have encountered a financial hardship or the needs of your child have changed. Then again, you may be the payer and you may have lost your job or, perhaps, the child decided to come live with you. If a child decides to live with the payer, the payer does not have to continue paying child support.

Contact An Anoka Divorce Lawyer

Divorce does not have to be as heated as some may believe. Through ADR, the process can move through the system a lot easier and it is through ADR that you and your former spouse can maintain a relationship of mutual respect. And if life changes and you need to modify the terms of your divorce, we can help. Contact us at (952) 898-6834 or fill out the contact form to schedule your free initial consultation. We will advise you every step of the way, providing you with the support you need to make the right decisions and move on with your life.



(952) 898-6834