Enforcement of Court Orders Guiding Families Through Life's Challenges for Over 3 Decades

Enforcement of Court Orders in Burnsville

We Are Here to Support You & Your Family

The decision to divorce is never easy. Divorce proceedings and their aftermath are often emotionally charged. You may find yourself in a situation where court-ordered child support or spousal support is not being paid, or where the other parent of your child is not adhering to your parenting time schedule. If you are in this situation, Burns Law Office can help you enforce your court order.

For 25 years, we have provided clients with the aggressive advocacy they need. At Burns Law Office, you and your family come first. Let our Burnsville court order enforcement attorney fight for you. We handle cases across the Minneapolis metro area and throughout Minnesota.

To discuss your case with our firm, contact us at (952) 260-6376.

What to Do When a Court Order Is Violated

When the court orders someone to pay child or spousal support, that order must be followed. It is not negotiable. If you are not receiving the child support or alimony you are entitled to, you have the option to file a motion for contempt. This notifies the court that their order has not been followed. When there is a violation, the court must be informed.

We can help enforce court orders regarding:

Enforcing Orders for Protection

When an Order for Protection (OFP) is violated, it is a serious issue. If this has happened to you, our experienced Burnsville court order enforcement lawyer can help you file a motion for contempt with the court. Once the court is notified that this protective order has been violated, they can contact the police, who can then investigate the situation. If they find the individual in violation of the OFP, they can make an arrest.

At Burns Law Office, our goal is to provide clients with the compassionate yet aggressive advocacy they need. We are fierce litigators who are not afraid to stand up for your rights. If your ex-partner is denying you your court-ordered visitation, or if your ex parte order has been violated, we are here for you. Additionally, we know that these matters are highly emotional, and false accusations do happen. If you have been falsely accused of violating a court order, we can fight to protect your rights.

Contact Burns Law Office today at (952) 260-6376.


Former Clients Share Their Experience with Our Firm
  • “We would not hesitate to recommend him to any of our friends and family.”

    - Kelly M. & Thomas Z.
  • “Since he only does family law he has done a lot of divorces so nothing in my case was new to him. John is very professional!”

    - Matt
  • “They all seemed to know Mr. Burns well and they respected him and trusted him which meant that they trusted what I had to say too.”

    - Robert

Why Choose Burns Law Office

  • Award Winning

    Mr. Burns has been identified as a Super Lawyer, Who’s Who in Family Law and Dakota County’s Heroes Award among others.

  • Impeccable Reputation

    Mr. Burns has an impeccable reputation in his community for going the extra mile. He is well respected by the Judges, colleagues and his clients.

  • Experience

    Mr. Burns has nearly 3 decades of legal experience focused exclusively on family law. He's helped nearly 3,000 families find the resolution they needed.

Contact Us Today

Let Burns Law Office Guide You Through This Difficult Time
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • Lawyers of Distinction
  • National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
  • Top 100 Lawyers
  • Super Lawyers
  • Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished
  • Top 10 Attorney
  • AVVO Clients Choice
  • Minnesota State Bar Association